Certified Customer Server™
Certified Customer Server accredited by International Institute of Leadership Studies is an industry-driven and endorsed credential that help employers distinguish and recognize qualified customer service professionals, and help define career advancement opportunities for participants. By earning the professional certification in customer service, candidates can demonstrate their knowledge and skills in work areas that employer’s value and exhibit commitment to professional growth.
International Institute of Leadership
The IILS offers a range of certifications for governmental organizations, business professionals, academics and those in the non-profit sector. The IILS encourages leadership that empowers and elevates every individual. By focusing on programs that develop personal awareness through the mastery of emotional, moral, and social intelligence we change how leadership evolves worldwide.
About the Certification
The certification was designed to capture the core customer service duties for a broad range of entry-level through first-line supervisory positions across the sales and service industries. The credential is appropriate for anyone interested in obtaining a job or pursuing a career in retail and other industries that value customer service skills.
This course provides participants with the basic concepts and current trends in the customer service industry. Special areas of emphasis include problem solving, development of a customer service strategy, creating customer service systems, coping with challenging customers, customer retention, and measuring satisfaction.
The Certified Customer Server will equip the participants with effective customer handling techniques and Best Practices. It is a skills-building and certification course that introduces the skills and techniques required to provide outstanding customer service and support.
- Introduction – What is Customer Service?
- The Challenges of Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Strategy for Formulating a Plan for Success
- Communications in Customer Service
- Coping with Challenging Customers
- Leadership in Customer Service
- Customer Retention and Measurement of Satisfaction
- Technology and Customer Service
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Team Work
- Internal Customer Service
Upon completion of this course the participant should be able to:
- Define customer service.
- Actively express an understanding of the customer service industry.
- Express techniques for exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Actively illustrate steps toward problem solving.
- Discuss the relationship between strategy and empowerment in creating a culture that encourages the provision of excellent customer service.
- Design a new or improved customer service system.
- Demonstrate improved listening skills.
- Express an understanding of how to cope with those individuals whom they find to be challenging.
- Discuss the relationship between leadership and motivation in customer service.
- Demonstrate methods of showing leadership without position.
- Define customer retention and various methods of measuring customer satisfaction.
- Express in written and oral form their individual philosophies of customer service.
This Certified Customer Server exam verifies that customer service professionals are knowledgeable in the skills and techniques required to provide exceptional customer service and support in both support center and call center environments. It ensures they understand how to assess customer needs while exceeding their expectations. The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions. The questions are primarily behavior based, so a good understanding of the material is required to pass. Exams are timed and administered through our online partner – the Center for Leadership Certification CLC).